An experienced, self-motivated and pro-active Scaffolding Supervisor is required to oversee the day to day activities of Scaffolders/Gangs, for Hampshire’s largest independent scaffolding contractor.
The ideal Scaffolding Supervisor will have a number of years’ experience on the tools working across a variety of commercial, domestic and industrial projects. In addition to taking control of operations in the yard each morning. The Scaffolding Supervisor will also provide cover for the Contracts Manager as necessary.
As supervisor your duties will include:
- Taking control of operations in the yard each morning to ensure it operates to its maximum efficiency.
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager to ensure that labour allocation on projects is in line with the clients programme.
- Working closely with the yard Foreman, ensuring the correct vehicles and materials are allocated to the correct gangs in a safe/timely manner.
- Monitor operatives in the workplace to ensure that Health and Safety and Quality expectations are met or exceeded, provide concise written site observations to the Operations Director.
- Ensuring that stock is controlled and readily available.
- Assisting the Operations Director in the assessment/appraisal process
- Provide mentoring support to trainees/apprentices.
- Ensure thorough Scaffold Inspections are carried out and all relevant documentation relating to inspections is in place and up to date.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience supervising, erecting and inspecting basic, complex and designed scaffold structures
- CISRS Advanced Scaffolding ‘Gold Card’ holder.
- SSSTS accredited.
- A number of years’ hands-on scaffolding experience.
- Computer literate.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, Scaffolding Supervisor to take on a long term, career position with a successful family owned Scaffolding Company currently employing 50+ staff. A competitive salary and career progression opportunities + other benefits are available. Apply now for more details!